- Sun lounge with views overlooking the Irish Sea
- 56 en suite bedrooms, arranged over 3 floors
- All rooms can be booked ROOM ONLY, BED AND BREAKFAST AND HALF BOARD BASIS
- All rooms ensuite with either shower or shower and bath.
- Lift to 2nd floor only
- Ramp at side of hotel giving easy access to main hotel entrance (note: The hotel is not suitable for wheelchairs indoors)
- Private Car Park along side of the hotel (limited spaces)
- Senior Citizens catered for throughout the season (for over 55's)
- Reduced terms for children aged 12 and under when sharing a room with two adults. Cots and highchairs provided for babies
- Bargain 'Winter mini-weekend' breaks from November until May (excluding all Illuminations and Bank Holiday weekends)
- Special 'Tinsel & Turkey' mid-week breaks - November and December
- Extra special festive programme for Christmas (4 nights)
- New Year programme (3 nights) (Early booking recommended)
- All types of Rooms are available: Single, double, twin & Family rooms from 3 -6 people, also Budget rooms available and front sea-view rooms are available with little extra cost
- For any cancellation insurance guests are required to arrange their own insurance
Latest Guest Comments!
"Really warm and friendly hotel - lovely hosts and excellent, helpful staff. Absolute tardis of a hotel, comfortable and plenty to do if you wish to spend any time in the hotel. Missed out on the entertainment, would love to revisit when the caberet is in full swing, food and service excellent."
- Tina, Oldham
Book Online Now
The Kensington Hotel is situated on Blackpool Promenade, mid-way between the Central and South Piers.
Our location is such that you may leave your car on our car park yet still be within easy walking distance of Blackpool's main attractions - such as Blackpool Tower, Pleasure Beach, The Sandcastle and all three piers.
Trams and buses stop approx 100 yards either side of the hotel, and Blackpool's main railway station, Blackpool North, and Blackpool's airport are both within easy reach.
You can find out more about our Hotel Facilities below, including our Entertainment at the Bar, our car-park facilities (LIMITED SPACES) and hotel access facilities. We also have a gallery you can view, and a break-down of our services can be found to the left of this page.
Ballroom And Chelsea Bar
The whole family are welcome in our Ballroom and Chelsea Bar! There is entertainment most evenings, and we cater for all age groups with dancing, sing-alongs and regular cabaret artistes and bingo (attendance permitting).
Fitted with a pool table, video games etc., our Games Room is situated directly adjacent to the Ballroom, therefore keeping the children happy whilst you relax and enjoy yourselves.
Situated on the ground floor, in our Regency Lounge you can relax with a drink at lunchtime or before dinner.
The separate modern dining room is a non-smoking area. Chef cuisine and varied meals with a wide choice of menu, including vegetarian dishes. Most special diets can be catered for (please contact us for more information).
Our Car Park is available at the side of the Hotel (Barton Avenue) and is available FREE to residents only. There are limited spaces on the car park - under normal circumstances we do not have any problems with parking, car spaces cannot be guaranteed and will not be reserved for anybody. If the cars are moved after they have been parked, the spaces that become vacant by moving them could be claimed by other residents.
CAR SPACES MUST BE VACATED BY 11am ON DAY OF DEPARTURE.
At the front of the hotel (Promenade) there are four steps with a handrail leading to the front entrance. At the side of the hotel (Barton Avenue) there is a ramp giving access to the front entrance. There is one step up leading into the Sun Lounge. From the Sun Lounge leading to the hotel lobby, there are two steps up with a handrail. Inside the hotel, there is a lift that services up to the second foor.
The hotel is suitable for guests who need to use wheelchairs for outdoor purposes as, once they are inside the hotel, the wheelchair can be folded and left in the front Sun Lounge.
The hotel is not suitable for any guest who is confined to a wheelchair or who needs to use a wheelchair at any time indoors, as the corridors and doorways in the hotel do not have the recommended widths for this purpose.
We regret that there are no facilities inside the hotel for electric wheelchairs or pavement scooters.